Friday, September 18, 2009

So yes it has been awhile since I posted. I haven't had to much to say. I guess I am just in that mode. I can't shake it. I go to my studio and sit starring at all my stuff and nothing pops. I have to force myself into make birthday cards. The only things I have scraped is what needed to be done for my group swaps. This past Wednesday I was invited to attend a woman's bible study. I did attend and am looking so forward to it. We are doing the study by Beth Moore titled Steping Up.
I have done the homework and it has seem to lift the spirit as well. I actually created a page layout today. I did the fall card the other day and promise to post it as soon as I get it scanned. I will also post a pic of the layouts I am working on. Until then I got the following post in an email this past week. It gets you thinking and I want to try a few... Have a scrapin stampin weekend...


If you’ve been scrapbooking for a while, you know how easy it is to get burnout and lack of motivation to create pages. It seems we still tend to pile up a stack of photos just waiting to be placed in an album, but we haven’t found just the right paper or embellishments yet, or maybe we can’t decide what scrapbooking techniques to use on them. Here are a few ideas to help overcome scrapbooking burnout.

1. A new scrapbooking technique may be just what you need to spark your imagination. Grab some photos and try one out today.

2. Don’t think you have to get through your entire photograph backlog. Just pick one photo today, and showcase it on a page. Just getting started may be just what you need.

3. Give yourself permission to throw out poor quality photographs. Your backlog will start to shrink and just looking through your photos may inspire you.

4. Start organizing your supplies. Just seeing all the cool materials you have to work with may spark your creativity.

5. Flip through scrapbooking magazines for inspiration. They are filled with great page ideas, techniques to try and information on the latest products.

6. Enroll in a scrapbooking class. The excitement of taking a class can often spark your interest to start scrapbooking again.

7. Plan a scrapbooking crop for your friends. If you don’t want to plan one yourself, attend a crop at your local scrapbooking store.

8. Browsing your local scrapbook or craft store may encourage you to start scrapbooking again. Try buying a scrapbooking kit that has everything you need to make a complete album.

9. Don’t think you have to be perfect. Scrapbooking doesn’t have to be complicated. Allow yourself to make mistakes and make simple pages. Not every page needs to be a work of art.

10. Scale down your scrapbooking supplies. Give away or sell some of your stash and cure supply overload.

11. Try it page by page. Don’t set a goal of creating a scrapbooking album a night.

12. Sign up for a scrapbooking challenge. You can find these online in scrapbooking community message boards. Joining the competition and excitement will start your scrapbooking creativity going again.

13. Join the digital scrapbooking craze. It’s a lot less messy than traditional scrapbooking.

14. Join a scrapbooking community online and read their message boards and forums. Most of these communities have galleries where members upload their scrapbooking pages for others to see and make comments.

15. Show off your scrapbooks. When was the last time you pulled out your scrapbooks when family comes to visit or let your children read through your albums? When you see all the pages you have designed, you just may be motivated to create some more.

Just a few of these scrapbooking ideas will chase your scrapbooking burnout away.

No comments: